We value water and have a sustainable approach to it from water usage savings to innovations that remove microplastics from waste water.
The world's first and only washing machine with a built-in synthetic microfibre filtration system.
A single machine load of washing can result in more than 700,000 microfibres ending up in the oceans and ground water through waste water. Beko plc's parent company Arçelik have developed a filter system which can remove up to 90% of microplastics from waste water.
This is one of the most important innovations to come out of Arçelik to date. We are prepared to share this technology with anyone who is interested in using it, and we invite our competitors to use this innovation in any way they wish.
We have saved over 1,350,000 M³ of water in the past 8 years.
As a global company operating throughout the world, we acknowledge water is an essential resource of life, and appreciate that our policy and actions regarding water, have a significant effect on employees, customers, and other communities. This is the reason why, in the last 8 years, we have saved 1,350,000 M³ of water, which is the equivalent to the daily household consumption of 1.7 Million households.
In this context, respecting the human right to water and sanitation, we are committed to:
- Perform our activities beyond regulatory compliance.
- Improve our water performance by focusing on reducing water consumption, increasing water efficiency, enhancing water monitoring and increasing water recycling & reuse in line with our water targets and goals.
- Minimise our water related environmental impacts throughout the product lifecycle by adopting innovative technologies.
- Raise environmental awareness of our employees, stakeholders and the society.
- Support water stewardship by collaborating with related stakeholders and participating in national & international water initiatives.
- Integrating with our Environmental, Energy, Health & Safety, Quality and GHG Management Systems and supporting other environmental issues including climate change.
Factory water output clean enough to sustain life.
We take our impact on the environment very seriously and make sure our water output is cleaned to a very high standard. As an example, outside our cooking appliances factory in Bolu, Turkey, we have a pool with 700 koi carp thriving in water previously used in our production process.